I’ll shortly release a new version of GeDoSaTo, which includes a pre-alpha version of a custom plugin for Final Fantasy XIII. Its current features are:
- Arbitrary rendering and presentation resolutions (only 16:9 though)
- HUD hiding (using the normal GeDoSaTo keybindings)
It’s bugs and known issues are:
- Some off-by-a-bit scaling issues, making the output less sharp than it should be in some circumstances
- DoF effects are unchanged (still at original, low resolution – this is more apparent in contrast to higher resolutions)
- Probably some stuff somewhere is cut off. I saw some scissor calls and am not dealing with them yet
- Crashes when taking screenshots using GeDoSaTo
- Rendering resolutions larger than 3840×2160 don’t work
- Probably lots more
- The game performs really well from what I’ve seen, both GPU and CPU-wise. But their frame limiting/pacing stuff sometimes seems to bug out.
Tons of stuff can still be improved — obvious ones like fixing bugs and the DoF, but also e.g. probably shadow resolution — so if you like this work and want it to continue consider donating.
Of course, I’d also really appreciate any development or debugging contributions. As always, the source is on Github.
You can download the installer from here, it will automatically grab the latest version.
Don’t report bugs in the comments, report them on GitHub (and check for duplicates or if they are known issues).