Based on various bug reports and testing, I’ve identified 3 major causes which have contributed to the issues with the new injection system that some users of GeDoSaTo have experienced. Two of these are fixed now, and the other one is a system setting which is reported by GeDoSaToTool for you to fix.
The problems were:
- Whitelist-based injection was case aware, while previously it was case-insensitive. Since case is based on the launch name of the .exe, this is not always easy to identify, and therefore I made it case-insensitive again.
- Installing GeDoSaTo to paths with spaces in them would prevent it from working. This was fixed by generating the short path name rather than using the full path for injection.
- On Windows 8 and 10, if the UEFI secure boot feature is enabled, it prevents the injection mechanism used by GeDoSaTo from working. I’ve added a step to the installation guide about this and also check for and report it as an error in the tool.
Luckily, all of these so far could be fixed without jeopardizing the stability and compatibility improvements of the new injection system.
I’ve also fixed some small issues in the updater/installer, and it now keeps a backup of the replaced executables/dlls until the next update (even though all of them are always available on github).