GeDoSaTo release/distribution changes

As you might have noticed, there was no GeDoSaTo release this last weekend, even though I kept up a biweekly release cycle previously.

The reason for this is that I switched to uploading binaries on GitHub.

What this means for you:

  • You can always get the very latest gedosato.dll and executable right here, as well as new config profiles etc.
  • If there is a regression (that is, something which was previously working stops to work), you can help with fixing it even if you cant compile GeDoSaTo, by determining exactly which commit broke it.
  • You need to take slightly more care to also e.g. get the updated configuration file when getting a new version which makes configuration changes.

What this means for me:

  • I have more time to work on GeDoSaTo, since packaging, uploading and documenting/posting about a release does take some time.
  • I get more immediate feedback on new features from people who follow development closely.
  • I get fewer donations, since I usually get one or two with every new release. Well, you can’t win them all.

The current version on Github as of this posting is 0.11.1162, and it has a plethora of new features and fixes over the last “regular” release:


  • Allow multiple downsampling resolutions to be available at the same time
  • Added support for multisampling while downsampling
  • Made the presentInterval setting work even when not downsampling
  • Can now bind Xinput buttons to actions
  • Added option to force presentation resolution regardless of request
  • Fixed Steam overlay rendering with alternative injection method
  • Fixed handling of GetDepthStencilSurface
  • Fixed crash bug with Steam Big Picture Mode
  • Hook d3d9 debug dll separately (restoring third party injector compatibility)


  • Unified injection methods (!)
  • Stop accumulating empty lines when sorting
  • Added event handling for unloading dll (related to Steam Big Picture Mode crash fix)

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae Plugin:

  • Added plugin, has all functionality of the generic plugin
  • Plus can render game at arbitrary resolution (vanilla game is limited to 1080p)

I hope this works out, it seems like a much better solution.

By the way, as I said in the last post, if you do a bug report in the blog comments it will most likely be lost. Please report bugs/issues at GitHub where they can be centrally tracked and more conveniently discussed.

Edit: I realized that this won’t work out for everyone. Stay tuned for new information, hopefully tomorrow.

DPfix source release

The source code for DPfix is now up on github.

I always planned to do this, but I decided to do so earlier rather than later for a few reasons:

  • 0.8 works perfectly for me, but causes problems on many other systems, and it’s very hard to “remotely” debug issues.
  • I’ll be really busy with work the rest of this week and throughout next week, so I can’t spend as much time on Deadly Premonition (or anything really) as I would like.
  • Someone asked for it.

Now, when I released DSfix I was a bit disappointed by the lack of external contributions. There were a few brave souls, and I’m very grateful, but overall 95% of the code in DSfix is still written by me and untouched.

I think the problem was at least partly a lack of documentation and guidelines on my part, so I just spent over 2 hours writing up a developer README for DPfix. Have a look if you are thinking about contributing, or if you simply want to get a better idea about how Deadly Premonition works or how I create these interceptors.