This one focuses on adding and improving graphical features.
- Added new HDR bloom & eye adaption effect. Some example screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5. It’s highly configurable in the effect file. Also, it’s not particularly performance intensive, since it does large-scale gaussian blooming on a rendertarget pyramid.
- Improved the SSAO smoothing. It now takes relative depth into account, resulting in more detailed SSAO particularly on small features.
- Added Asmodean’s postprocessing suite as an option. It’s softer and features cinematic tone-mapping, and gives quite a different result from the profile included previously (which is still the default). Performance is comparable over both options. Default Postprocessing / Asmodean Postprocessing. Of course, both options can be customized in detail.
- I’m now distributing the release mode .dll of GeDoSaTo, which could result in a minor performance increase.
For the next version, I’ll focus on polish, adding some small requested features, and getting ready for a source release. In particular, I want to
- Create a plug-in system for game-specific code.
- Move all DS2 stuff to a DS2 plugin.
- Add a “generic” plugin which allows postprocessing and SMAA/FXAA on all games supported by GeDoSaTo.
Oh, and once again, please do read the README file before reporting issues.