After a weekend spent mostly on Deadly Premonition, here’s another version of DPfix. Due to the number of fixes and additions in this one I bumped the version number by 0.2.
- Fixed additional map locations/sizes for main menu map and large overlay map
- Fixed positioning and size in scenes with 2 viewpoints being shown (also fixed size of their storage buffers)
- Fixed enemy shadow trails on the world map at night
- Added anti-aliasing support (FXAA and SMAA1x supported, see DPfix.ini to enable)
- Added texture dumping and overriding functionality (works as it did in DSfix)
Some other things:
- Some people think their posts here on the blog are being deleted, rest assured this is not the case. Because of spam issues I run a rather rigorous spam filter and most posts need to be manually accepted (particularly if it’s your first post) so there may be some delay involved in that. (You may have noticed that there’s no spam in the comments, unlike most blogs :P)
- If you have issues with the game which are unrelated to DPfix, (e.g. stuttering, crashing) try rebooting and setting DP.exe to Windows 98 compatibility mode. Sounds silly, but it fixed everything for me.
- I can’t really fix audio issues or add real gamepad support to the game, sorry.
In the upcoming week I have quite a lot of work to do, so I probably won’t get much done in DPfix, but I think this version is really good enough to enjoy the game with.
Oh, and someone please make a high-res texture pack for the 3D stuff in the in-game menu. It’s hideous!