This version includes the following bugfixes:
- Fixed some symbols still appearing with HUD toggled off (buttons, dashes, etc)
- Fixed cut-off messages at some specific resolutions
- Improved SSAO quality and speed, reduced distant artifacts (there is still some flickering, this is due to the method, use weak SSAO or downsample to mitigate this)
And adds these features:
- The screenshot folder can be specified in the .ini (this was a popular request)
- Texture override functionality! Any texture in the game can now be customized, e.g. for changing the button prompts or adding higher resolution fonts.
- In conjunction with the above: texture dumping. This will provide you with the base textures for the game and their hash code, so that you can override them. This is only for people who want to create their own override textures.
For more information about the texture override feature, look at the .ini and the included example override texture. Here’s a picture of the example override (note that it only shows up once the “logo movie” is over).
(The download is now hosted externally, sorry for that. The traffic was just getting too much. I hope it’s not too inconvenient for anyone!)
Please please remember to read the README.txt!
And before I forget: if you come up with any good overrides, please post them below!