Since it’s impossible for me to keep up and individually answer the flood of feedback I’m receiving right now, I’ll try to summarize the currently known issues with the initial release here.
- [GeDoSaTo] Crashes when taking a screenshot.
Cause: You are not downsampling, and I made a silly programming mistake. Will be fixed in the next version
- [GeDoSaTo] Crashes when alt-tabbing out of and back into the game.
Cause: Unknown, probably a resource management issue.
Note: This only occurs when downsampling, and only for some people.
- [GeDoSaTo] Rendering breaks when the Steam overlay pops up.
Cause: Unknown. Steam overlay rendering might put D3D in an unexpected state.
Workaround: Disable the Steam overlay.
- [GeDoSaToTool] The tool complains that it cannot access the registry.
Cause: Might be an access rights/permission issue. Try running as administrator
- [GeDoSaToTool] The tool complains that it can’t set the global hotkey.
Cause: Unknown. But this doesn’t really matter, you just don’t get a hotkey.
- None of the effects work! What am I doing wrong?
Make sure to enable in-game anti-aliasing, and try pressing the “+” key on your numpad to get a status report.
- Why is the Bokeh DoF effect disabled by default?
I disabled that one because I know that some people don’t bother with the settings, and its performance hit is atrocious. If you have performance to spare yo ucan of course use it!
- Will you release the source code?
Yes, absolutely. I think I’ve shown in the past that I fully believe in sharing the source of my stuff, but I want to wait just a short while until it’s not so much in flux.
I’ll try to release a new version by Sunday, which should at the very least fix the screenshot crash. Thanks for your continued support, especially to those who made donations.