I got the first external code patch for DSfix this week! I hope it’s a sign of more to come.
- Added 2 new ambient occlusion algorithms: HBAO and SCAO. However, the existing VSSAO is still the best option in terms of visuals/performance.
- Added a scale option for ambient occlusion on lower-end systems. Also useful if you want to downscale from a high resolution but not compute the SSAO at that resolution. This option works for all AO algorithms.
- Disabled hotkeys when Dark Souls is not active. Previously, you could e.g. toggle the frame rate limit or take screenshots inadvertently when DS was not the active window.
- Reinstated the texture filtering option with slightly better implementation.
- Small bug fixes in frame rate limits calculation.
- Rework WindowManager::resize to center the window along with resizing, and call on startup. Also fix small style issue with the borderless fullscreen toggle (wT)
The AO changes are rather big, the rest are small things that people have been asking for or that I wanted to do for a while.