This is a rather big one.
- SSAO depth buffer inaccuracy fixed. Removes line artifacts from SSAO.
- Added further renderpipeline state restoration after SMAA and checks whether we are at the correct stage. May (again) fix the SMAA issues some people are having.
- Fixed windows scaling issue when toggling between borderless windowed fullscreen and windowed mode.
- SSAO is now configurable in the .ini, with 3 strength presets (low, medium and high).
- Optional high-quality DoF blur. This allows you to set the sharpness as intended while still maintaining very high DoF image quality.
- And maybe the most requested one: HUD on/off toggle as bindable key action. Default is the right Ctrl key.
I’m a bit burnt out now after basically spending ~90% of my free time on this for almost 3 weeks. I’ll probably start getting the fix cleaned up for an open source release so that others can pick up the torch.
Here are 2 screenshots showing off what the game looks like now on a high-end system:
Please please remember to read the README.txt!
Don’t set your DoF resolution to the same as your vertical rendering resolution, set it LOWER than that. Same or higher doesn’t make sense and is wrong and you shouldn’t do it and it will cause problems.